Lightcast released a new report to help our clients understand career pathways. See feeder and next-step jobs, salary differences between job transitions, and the necessary skills needed to move from one job to the next.
New Release of LOT
Lightcast has released a new and improved version of our proprietary Lightcast Occupation Taxonomy (LOT). Here’s what we’ve changed:
- Added 253 specialized occupations and have refined 26 specialized occupations
- Added 74 occupations and have refined 49 occupations
- Improved coding and have moved to appropriate naming of occupations across geographies
To highlight a few of those new additions, you can now…
- Search by twenty new software developer and architecture roles, such as Full Stack Developer, Blockchain Developer, or Integration Architect
- Understand roles within the senior management of an organization with new Specialized Occupations including Chief Strategy Officer, Chief People Officer, and Chief Information Security Officer
- Research the roles required in a modern human resources organization including occupations related to corporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
More Granularity in Job Posting Report Timeframes
Available now in all of our job posting reports, you can run reports for much more specific date ranges! This will allow you to see how job postings and trends in job posting data are changing much more in real-time.
GOT is now Lightcast Occupation Taxonomy (LOT)
We officially changed the name of our Global Occupation Taxonomy (GOT) to Lightcast Occupation Taxonomy (LOT).
LOT is a proprietary taxonomy composed of 4 different levels (Career Area, Occupation Group, Occupation, Specialized Occupation). This taxonomy has a 1-1 relationship between levels, allows users to start broadly and then get to a level far more granular than O*NET and SOC, and is also updated at least annually. The frequency with which this taxonomy is updated makes it especially useful for identifying emerging roles and occupations.
Filter Profile Analytics by “Highest Attainment”
You can now filter profiles in Profile Analytics by the highest education attainment level.
Occupation Taxonomies Navigation
There’s an easy way in Job Posting Competition to navigate up and down occupation taxonomies, and even across from SOC to ONET to GOT.
Minimum Education Level
Find out the minimum education level required in job postings.
Now you can view remote trends by job, location, company, or skill in Report Builder.
Median Posting Duration
It’s back! Median Posting Duration is now available in all posting reports. It was temporarily removed due to backend changes.